Friday, May 21, 2010

New Things

I haven't posted in awhile it would seem and some big things have happened in my life.  First off I am now 22, which is not that exciting because there is not really any big thing to celebrate.  Almost every birthday between 16 and 21 is big and there is some new thing that is opened up, but now those birthdays are pretty much over.  Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to have celebrated my birthday, but it is kind of sad to know that part of my life is over.  The other really big thing is that I have finished another year of college! I only have one more year left of being an undergrad.  It's both exciting and scary, I am one step closer to being done with school and moving on to real life.

In other news, I am going to be spending another summer in Spokane, which I am excited about.  Last summer I was meeting new people and working on campus.  This summer is going to be different because I get to spend it with some of my housemates, which is going to make it all the better!  I am hoping though that I will be able to make it out to California in August. Waiting a whole year was way too long and I don't want that to happen again.  I was really hoping to make it out for these last two weeks in May but sadly I could not find a job and so I have to stay here.  Going back in August brings up more situations that I would have liked to avoided, but it has to happen eventually.  So I guess it is better to just get it over with.  Finally, the World Cup is almost here and I cannot wait!  I am sooooo excited for it to start.  I will of course being cheering for the U.S. but since they do not have a realistic chance of winning it all I will also be cheering for Spain.  So, all my hopes are on Spain, but really as long as Portugal, Brazil, or Italy does NOT win, then I should be fine.

Oh, back to big things happening in my life, I have been doing a lot of reflecting on my personal life and have come to some big realizations.  Due to two events in the last few weeks, I feel I better understand what I am looking for in a girlfriend/relationship, which I think is awesome.  Also, that I am more fit to be in a relationship.  I don't think any thing will be happening soon, but who knows what the future holds?  Anyways, I think that is about it and this is a lot longer than I thought it would be. Oh, well.

1 comment:

amanda said...

yay to the last paragraph. :) and the big birthday to look forward to now is the big 25... and then the birthdays every 5 years are awesome... at least, that's how you should look at it. that's how i try to look at it.

next year will be the big 30 for me (11-11-11) so be sure you're in t.o. for it. :) (i'm guessing i'll still be in t.o.)

miss you. looking forward to seeing you in august. :)