My plans for this summer were originally to hang out in Spokane and find a job for the summer and then come back for 2 weeks or so to California. However that is not what has happened. Jobs are so hard to find these days and I was not able to get one. I think this is best though because since the end of May until very recently I have had pains in my chest, arms, and back, which was really bothering me. I had seen three doctors and all they could tell me was I seemed healthy but there was obviously something wrong. It probably all has to do with me sliding down the stairs on my stomach but I wanted some kind of confirmation. This last week or so I have felt a lot better though and it is basically non-existent. Anyways, this was bothering so much that I decided to come down to California a little earlier then I had planned. Also, I am out here for a longer period of time then I expected. It is weird being home for this long. I think at this point this is the longest I have been home since summer of freshman year. The best part of being here so far has been seeing friends I have not seen in awhile. Overall, it has been good being home.
Yesterday was the 4th of July and it was a pretty fun day overall. In the morning I went to church with my whole family. It was a little weird because Caitlin was there and this was the first time seeing her since we broke up. It was annoying because I wanted to at least say hi and ask how her trip to Peru was because I know she was really excited about it but I couldn't do it. This won't be the last time we will be in the same place and I would like for it to not be awkward for either of us. During the rest of the day I went over to my grandpa's house and my whole family was there and we celebrated Sean and Josh's birthdays. I also got to go swimming for the first time this summer and I got sunburned, which sucks. :( At night I was able to go over and see the Pritchetts. It was really good to catch up with Amanda and see Bill and Cindy. I felt somewhat of a relief after seeing Bill and Cindy because I didn't know what it would be like seeing them after everything. I should have known everything would be fine but I guess I needed to experience it to finally understand. Amanda showed me a bunch of pictures from the trip to Peru. It looked like an amazing trip and it was weird seeing all the pictures because if things had gone differently I would have been on that trip.
I think that is about all I wanted to write. I'm going to be home until August 2nd so I'm sure there will be more to write before then. Oh yeah, the world cup finals are on the 11th, hopefully Spain will be there. GO SPAIN! Anyways, that is definitely it for now...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
It sucked seeing you sitting like five feet away from me and feeling too weird to even say hi. (Also weird having your mom give me a hug... good but weird. Kinda like how you felt about seeing cindy and bill.) I was half hoping we would accidentally run into each other in the hallway but no dice. Can it not be awkward anymore? Cuz I am down with that idea if you are.
Yeah definitely. My mom had told me she had given you a hug and I was thankful that she at least said hi to you.
Post a Comment