Monday, November 29, 2010

Thanksgiving and Other Things

I haven't posted in awhile so I figured now would be a good time.  School has been going pretty well and I am 3 weeks away from being only semester away from graduating!  I can't believe I will be done with school.  It's kind of scary.  Earlier in the month I applied for the JET Program and will hear back in Dec. or Jan. whether I will have an interview or not.  So, pray that it will all work out for me.
I spent the last week in Seattle, hanging out at my old housemate's house.  It was really fun and relaxing.  I was not ready to go back but it had to come to an end eventually.  Thanksgiving day was really fun and I was glad to be spending it with everyone that was there.  It's weird that since I have been away from home so much, it almost seems more normal to be spending holidays with other people outside of my family.  God has blessed me with incredible friends up here in Washington.  I also spent a day with Tommy and that was awesome.  We realized that we hadn't seen each other since March!  So, it was good to catch up with him.
There was quite the debacle with this girl that I liked last month and so I told myself that I would put being in a relationship on hold for awhile since this hasn't been the best year for me.  It turns out that this is really hard for me to do... figures.  Anyways, nothing will really happen with this new girl right now since she is in Seattle.  It's just ridiculous that no matter what I tell myself, I end up falling for some girl.  Oh well, it's definitely for the best that she isn't here in Spokane.
I guess that is all the big stuff since last time in a very brief overview.  Hopefully these next few weeks will go by fast and I will be writing about the semester being over :)

1 comment:

amanda said...

hey friend... glad things are going well, and that you had a great thanksgiving... i love that God always gave me friends to be around when i couldn't be around my family for thanksgiving... glad you're able to experience the same thing... i look forward to you coming back out here for Christmas. :)

as far as the matters of your heart--hang in there... i know it's not easy, and i'm still figuring out how to do this, but guarding your heart will be the best thing you learn how to do... :) my counselor explains it better than i, but that's because for years i've had things out of whack, out of balance, and have always put such an emphasis on being with someone... now i'm learning to love where God has me... and also learning that someday that could be with someone, and not all boys are gross (ha!) but most importantly, i'm learning how to let that person (and others) in in a healthy way...
SIGH...

all that to say, guard your heart... ask the Lord, seek him, and knock on his door, and he will grant you the desires of your heart...

anyways.... i'm rooting for you... sorry things went upside down with the chica you were interested in, but i know God is making you into a better person and using these times of heartache and heartbreak as times of molding you into loving who and what he loves...

i hope some of that makes sense. :) i feel i'm speaking in fragments...


<3 aP