Up with your turret
Aren't we just terrified?
She’ll scream your worry from what you won't ever find
Don't let it fool you
Don't let it fool you...down
Dancing around, folds in her gown
Sea and the rock below
Caught in the undertow
Bones, blood and teeth erode, they will be crashing low
Wings wouldn't help you
Wings wouldn't help you...down
Down fells the ground, gravity smiled
You barely are blinking
Wagging your face around
When'd this just become a mortal home?
Won't, won't, won't, won't
Won't let you talk me
Won't let you talk me…down
We’ll pull it taut, nothing let out
This is a song by Bon Iver and St. Vincent. It is sadly from the New Moon soundtrack :( but I love Bon Iver too much to care. You have to listen to the song to get the full effect but it is AMAZING! It is songs like this and the Sufjan Stevens' song from my previous post that remind me why I love music so much. The beauty of the instruments and the power of the lyrics that make you truly feel something.
I don't know what I would do without music. It has always been a huge part of my life and a constant with in it. I can see very clearly a picture of me when I'm 2 years old or so, wearing my dad's headphones which have to be almost the size of my face. Music has such a power in it. You or at least I can always find music to fit the mood I'm in, which helps to keep me in the good ones and bring me out of the bad ones. I have never been great with words when it comes to expressing the stronger emotions. I can however find a song or a group of songs that express it for me.
So I guess this is my thank you letter to music because I don't thank it enough. I thank God also for allowing us to be able to create and share music with each other.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment